Tokyo

On our first day, we ventured out to Chiyoda area. I wanted to hit some of the (Cherry Blossom) spots. The really cool thing was that since Hanami and Sakura season is such a huge event in Japan, Google Maps adds temporary Cherry Blossom viewing spots directly on their maps:


I almost expected Google to make a game out of it, kind of like Pokémon Go.

We walked around the East Imperial Gardens, but were still quite early in the season for the blossoms


I remember picking a particularly beautiful and fully blossomed tree to take a photo of, when a local passed behind me and shouted “Imitation! Imitation!”. I quietly put my camera away and carried on.






Some actual, not imitation Sakura:


Next, we hit up the Japan Google office for lunch. I didn't realize that the office here was in the 5th tallest building in Tokyo, so lunch came with a fantastic view


As well as our first taste of real, Japanese sushi (90% of the reason we wanted to travel to Japan)


Babes was amazing the whole time, smiling at everyone and looking around. We also made use of the mother’s room, which I had access to from my home office, and had her take a long 2hr nap there.


This was also when I noticed she was running a mild fever, so I was mildly losing my mind and we took her home as soon as she was up. I must've checked her temp at least 234987 times, and it kept fluctuating between 36.9-37.1, which is juuuust below the 'fever' line. I started questioning everything and hating myself for bringing this poor child with us to Japan, and even considered booking the first flight back home that I could find. But after a solid 24hrs of sleep (yes, with feeds sprinkled in there somewhere), she woke up with a huge smile and was happy as a clam.



**Shoutout to my best friend who was able to calm me down even just a tiny bit while I was just about losing it**



Next up: Tokyo, Day 2&3

Comments