I got back from my exchange semester in Australia 4 months ago, and I really start to miss it the longer I'm away. Here are some things I've caught myself doing in the past four months of being back in Canada.
- Every time I see an open field, I keep looking for dark spots in hopes of seeing a horde of kangaroos. It gets especially bad when I see lots of dark spots and get some false hope, only to find out its just a bunch of deer or geese
- No coffee will ever taste as good as Australian coffee. Finding that perfect Flat White anywhere in Canada is just impossible.
- When driving alone on a single-lane highway, I will periodically get confused as to which side of the highway I should be driving on.
- Every time I meet an Aussie in Canada I get really excited and try to find out why the hell they left Australia in the middle of their summer.
- I get really happy anytime anyone signs an email with "cheers"
- When I see an "x things about Australia.." post (like 23 Reasons why Australia is the Most Beautiful Place on Earth and Amazing things that came out of Australia), I have to read through all of it and agree/disagree with how true each fact is, from personal experience
- Anytime I hear "Australia" or any Australian city in conversation, I tune in.